Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a cookbook from work. I decided to try it and found that it was a BIG HIT with my 3 fussy children and even my husband devoured it! Very delicious:)
- 4 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (adds great flavor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 lbs boneless chicken
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with a non-stick spray.
- Place Rice Krispies in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Cut chicken up in the size you wish like tenderloin size.
- Place Rice Krispies and paprika in a shallow bowl and mix well.
- Combine egg and milk in another bowl and whisk well.
- Add the flour, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and stir to make a batter.
- Place cut up chicken one or two pieces at a time in the batter and cover chicken.
- Dip in crumbs and cover completely and then place in baking pan.
- Melt the margarine and drizzle over the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken pieces are a golden brown.
Recipe is missing an oven temperature. I'd guess 350Â°F?
This one was a winner in our family last night. With 5 adults and 2 children I doubled the recipe. I used fairly large pieces of boneless chicken and with the double batch I increased the cooking time to 60 minutes. Chicken was done but still moist inside. This is a keeper and will make it again with only one minor change and that would be to half the amount of poultry seasoning called for to our personal taste. Thanx for the great recipe - crispy chicken without the mess and time to fry on the stove top!