Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this recipe because it a simple alternative to a birthday cake for kids or a sleepover, bake sale cake. I got it out of a Mr. Food cook book. Once you make it, it is requested over and over
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages marshmallows
- 12 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 (16 ounce) package M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Coat a 10 inch Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add cereal (quickly, will be very stiff to stir) stirring until well coated.
- Allow to cool slightly then add the candies, mix well.
- Lightly press the mixture into the bundt pan and allow to cool completely.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen, then invert onto a serving platter You can decorate this by simply drizzling 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips over the top of the cake cut and serve.
This is so easy and so fun to make! My whole family loved it--who wouldn't, right? This is one I'll keep in mind for bake sales--a big slice of this "cake" would make any kid happy! Thanks for posting!
I have been making this for years but putting it in a 9 x 13 baking dish. I never considered making it in a bundt Pan. Thanks and I will be making this again soon.
This is a treat I always bring when I visit my grandchildren and they LOVE, my youngest grandson states "It is the best cake ever" I use mini M & M baking chips that are semi sweet, not milk chocolate that I buy at an Amish supermarket. Great recipe!