Prep 20 mins
Cook 72 hrs
Rice Krispie bars with crunchy peanut butter, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips. Really tasty. Cooking times means refrigerated time
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- In a double boiler melt butter.
- Add all the chips, stir in the peanut butter and marshmallows. Melt completely.
- Mix the melted mixture with rice krispies and put into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Smooth top until level.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Cut into bars.
I just made these and shouldn't review them yet as they haven't even set up yet but I couldn't stay out of the warm mix. I added some chopped pecans to give some crunch as I only had creamy peanut butter.
Wow these are great! I agree with others they give more of a fudgy texture than rice krispies, the chocolate's bitterness tones down some of the sweetness from the marshmellows and butterscotch..which is perfect for me. The one thing I will do different in the future is maybe play with the Rice Krispies and marshmallow ratio.
Wow are these bars good and I don't even like butterscotch chips. I made these for a care package to sent to my nephew. He is going to love these. Now that the weather has gotten cooler I hope they ship without melting to much. Thank you this one is a keeper!