Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Not your traditional oatmeal cookie—an even better one! Rice Krispies add that extra crunch and the coconut supplies extra sweetness. If you want to really take them over the top, add chopped nuts and/or raisins.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml Rice Krispies
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat 2 large cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Set side.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter in the bowl of a standing electric mixer and beat on medium until light and fluffy. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until blended. Add the egg and vanilla, beating to incorporate.
- Stir in the reserved flour mixture. When well combined, stir in the cereal, oats, and coconut.
- Drop the mixture by level measuring tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving room between cookies.
- Transfer the sheets to the preheated oven and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I have one from the 80's back from when I was in high school and worked at a small town restaurant. I haven't made them cuz I couldn't find the recipe till recently. It was DOUBLE this recipe so I was trying to half it. I found your recipe and it is the measurements for half of my recipe and the same except that mine called for SHORTENING/CRISCO instead of butter. I used the shortening but I think if I used the butter they would be less bulky looking? Anyway, they tasted JUST like I remembered! : ) Made them with my 3 year old son and he loved them too! Thank you for helping to make sure these cookies live on for future generations! : ) Going try and post a photo. I think they should be flatter if I remember right?