Not your traditional oatmeal cookie—an even better one! Rice Krispies add that extra crunch and the coconut supplies extra sweetness. If you want to really take them over the top, add chopped nuts and/or raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat 2 large cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Set side.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter in the bowl of a standing electric mixer and beat on medium until light and fluffy. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until blended. Add the egg and vanilla, beating to incorporate.
- Stir in the reserved flour mixture. When well combined, stir in the cereal, oats, and coconut.
- Drop the mixture by level measuring tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving room between cookies.
- Transfer the sheets to the preheated oven and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.