Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
Chocolate covered rice krispies
Make and share this Rice Krispie Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces baking chocolate
- 1 ounce Rice Krispies
- candy sprinkles, for decoration
- Break the chocolate into squares and put in a microwavable bowl.
- Heat the chocolate until it has all melted 1 min or 45 seconds, depending on the microwave.
- Mix the Rice Krispies into the chocolate, stirring until Krispies are covered.
- Using a teaspoon spoon the mixture into cake cases.
- Top with sprinkles, or you could break up a Flake for decoration or for Easter use Mini Eggs.
- Leave to set.
So Fast! So Simple! Made the standard treats and some Golden Graham treats -- and then looked for 'variations'. Saw this, said "what the heck..." What a great surprise. They were wonderful! Nothing could ever replace the marshmallow treats (and the childhood memories they evoke) but these are a mighty fine 'grown up' substitution. Thanks Jo
Thank goodness I had one of these before my husband got home. He tried one, then declared that they are ALL his because they're so good. These literally take less than five minutes to make. I used a tablespoon scoop to drop them into a mini tart pan, then refrigerated them for a few hours. Thanks for sharing a great recipe-very impressive presentation that can be prepared on short notice!