Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Rice in Fish Broth-Sayyadieh
- 907.18 g fish (weighing about 2 Ibs.)
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml uncooked rice
- 354.88 ml chopped onions
- salt, for taste
- lemon juice
- -Fry fish in olive oil until well cooked.
- -Fry the chopped onions in the same oil well browned. Bone the fried fish, reserving the cooked fillets.
- -Add the head, bones and skin to the fried onions and cook with four cups of water in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes, or for a longer time in an open pan.
- -Boil the rice in the fish broth using 1-4- cups of broth for each cup of rice.
- -Simmer the rice on a low fire so that most of the broth will be absorbed.
- -Some of the broth may be flavored with a few drops of lemon and served on the side as a sauce for this dish.