The Innominate Chef's Note:
This is a great meal on a fall or winter afternoon or evening. Reheats well. Adapted from a CBA Syracuse fundraiser cookbook circa 1983
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium-large chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup red wine
- 16 ounces your favorite red pasta sauce
- 1 1/2-2 cups uncooked rice (I think 1 1/2 is best)
- 2 cups beef broth (canned is best but bouillon will work)
- 5 -10 dashes of red Tabasco sauce (this is very optional and can be adjusted to taste)
- 1Brown the ground beef in a coverable coverable pot or pan.
- 2Add onion and garlic and cook down until onion is translucent.
- 3Add wine and simmer down until evaporated.
- 4Add all the other ingredients (rice, pasta sauce, and broth), cover and simmer/covered for about 25 minutes or until rice is cooked. More broth can be added if necessary.
- 5If halving recipe--I suggest 3/4 cup of wine, 1 full cup of rice and a generous 1 cup of broth.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.5
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.0 mg
- Sodium 657.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 33.7 g