Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was given to me by a 88 year old friend. I have made it for years.
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and cooked swiss chard
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion, sauteed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for pan
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- Cook rice and sauté onion.
- Combine cooked rice, onion,and chard.
- Add beaten eggs, parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Put olive oil in GLASS pan.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until firm.
i really liked this--more than dh and all . i had it as a side dish, i think it would be a nice brunch on it's own
My husband and I both really enjoyed this Fritta recipe. We used fresh ingredients from the garden and served it as a main course with a light spinich salad and fresh baked pita crisps. Delightful...thank you!