Recipe by Dragon-elf
For those of you who don't think you get enough vegetables in your vegetable fried rice at the Chinese restaurant, this recipe is for you.
- 4 ounces broccoli
- 4 ounces cauliflower
- 4 ounces baby carrots
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 portabella mushroom (halved, then sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare: Chop broccoli, cauliflower and carrots into bite-size pieces and boil them for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, prepare the rice by adding 1 tbs butter, salt and green onion to the 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, add rice, lower heat and cover for 20 minutes.
- When the rice is done, add it to the mixing bowl with the vegetables.
- In the same pot, raise the heat to medium and fry the mushrooms with the remaining butter, add the ginger and garlic.
- Cook until wilted about 5 minutes.
- Then add everything in the mixing bowl to the pot and heat everything together about 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve hot.