1/1 Photo of Rice for Dummies and in the Microwave Too!
Found this recipe on a bag of Basmati Rice from Sams and I feel like a genius! I am not even that crazy about rice but I can stuff this stuff down! I have made it several times now (had to before I posted it, would have been afraid not to!). What I like most about it is it turns out the same EVERY time. Takes the stress out of it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse measured rice 1 to 2 times to remove starch. I use a strainer.
- 2Place measured rice, water, oil, and salt in a microwaveable casserole dish (make it a big one so it does not boil over) cover with lid or plastic wrap allowing a little steam to release.
- 3Microwave on high for 10 minutes. Stir and recover. Then microwave on defrost setting for 9-10 minutes (If you have to enter a weight my microwave hits 9 minutes at 1.2 lbs.
- 4Fluff with a fork before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice for Dummies and in the Microwave Too!
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g