Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy gluten-free alternative to pancakes. Can be used for sandwiches as well.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon dates or 1 teaspoon maple sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- preheat nonstick skillet.
- combine rice flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, sugar and salt.
- stir in the rice & toss to coat.
- separately, combine milk or water & oil.
- pour into the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- do not beat or overmix.
- spoon onto skillet.
- cook until tops are bubbly and edges are brown.