Recipe by **Jubes**
This recipe was given to me whilst I was on an allergy elimination diet. It has no gluten, dairy or eggs. A basic recipe, but not bad when your diet is restricted. The best rice flour to use is a very fine textured flour-you can buy it at most asian grocers. The coarser textured rice flour will taste gritty in your baked goods. It's been a while since I made these-so I'm guessing that they serve 4. These are also vegetarian. As all gluten-free flours are a little different in how much liquids they absorb-add some extra liquid if required to achieve the right consistency
- 1 cup rice flour, use a fine textured flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (maize cornflour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all of the ingreients together (dont be tempted to leave out the salt or sugar).
- Heat a small amount of allowed oil in a non-stick pan. Pour in 1/4 cup of batter to the pan and tilt to coat pan for thin pancakes. Cook 2-3 minutes- the edges should start to curl. Gentley turn and cook until lightly browned.
- Repeat until the batter has all been used.
- Serve hot with savoury fillings or as a dessert with fresh fruit or pure maple syrup.