Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Gluten-Free Cake from Wholefoods
Make and share this Rice Flour Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Coat an 8-inch square or round cake pan with olive or canola oil spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating with a wire whisk.
- Add flour and baking powder and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done when tested with a toothpick.
This cake is dry and does not have much flavor.
However, if you add 1/2 cup Orange Juice and half an orange worth of zest to it it is FABULOUSE!