1/1 Photo of Rice Flour Banana Bread (Wheat Free)
1 hr 5 mins
I always seem to have rice flour on hand (for Vietnamese and Thai food), and am always looking for ways to use it up. This recipe is from the incomparable Beatrice Ojakangas' "Great Whole Grain Breads" (Simon & Schuster, 1984,1993). The recipe calls for small loaf pans, probably to reduce the baking time. Might be possible to use a large pan, but I haven't tried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- 3Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 4Stir in buttermilk and lemon extract and mix well.
- 5Combine rice flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to the butter mixture.
- 6Stir in bananas and coconut and mix well.
- 7Spoon the mixture into two greased mini loaf pans (5 1/2 by 3 inches).
- 8Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pans 2 minutes, then turn out and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Flour Banana Bread (Wheat Free)
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 294.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g