I always seem to have rice flour on hand (for Vietnamese and Thai food), and am always looking for ways to use it up. This recipe is from the incomparable Beatrice Ojakangas' "Great Whole Grain Breads" (Simon & Schuster, 1984,1993). The recipe calls for small loaf pans, probably to reduce the baking time. Might be possible to use a large pan, but I haven't tried.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in buttermilk and lemon extract and mix well.
- Combine rice flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in bananas and coconut and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into two greased mini loaf pans (5 1/2 by 3 inches).
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 2 minutes, then turn out and cool completely.