Recipe by pines506
This is a nice meatless main dish, served with refried/pinto beans and a salad. I have also served as a side dish with Pork Taco Meat, beans, etc. I have also made this using left-over Spanish Rice. The amount of tortillas you use, depends on how full you make them.
Top Review by Teachingjill
I created this to have for our "meatless" Monday. I used the boil-in-bag brown rice. The whole bag was about a cup and a half and it still turned out fine. I also tried the green chile enchilada sauce and it worked out great!
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice (Cooked according to package directions)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 lb shredded monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I like mine saucy, so I use 1 1/2-2 cans.)
- sliced ripe olives
- 8 -12 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rice in medium bowl, stir in onion and half the enchilada sauce.
- Warm tortillas in microwave to soften or heat small amount of oil in skillet and place tortillas in oil just until soft and warm. If heating in oil, drain on paper towels).
- Spread each tortilla with some rice mixture and some cheese. You should end up using about half of the cheese.
- Roll up each tortilla and place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.