Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My inexpensive lunch
- 3 cups brown rice
- 2 medium raw potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can mackerel
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-light vegetable oil spread
- Put 5 cups water in a large pan with the rice.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, allow to simmer for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Microwave potatoes on high for 8 minutes.
- Remove skin from potatoes, mash thoroughly, and add to rice along with spread and vinegar or "pepper" juice.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Empty entire can of Mackerel including liquids and stir entire mix throughly.