Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This dish goes well with Roasted Chicken or Turkey.
- 1 cup of pecan rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained but reserve liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained but reserve liquid
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- Saute mushrooms and water chestnuts in butter for 15 minutes.
- Add onion soup to mixture and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill empty soup can with liquid from mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- Add water to reach top of can.
- Pour liquid into pot with mushroom mixture and add rice, mixing well.
- Pour into 9x9 casserole dish, cover and bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees or until rice is tender.
Luby, this rice was fantastic! I did have to sliver the water chestnuts to disguise them from my husband, but we both definitely rate this with 5 stars! Thanks...it made an excellent accompaniment to roast chicken.