1/12 Photos of Rice Custard
Nice quick easy recipe to make and a great way to use left over boiled/steamed rice. NOTE - I recently broke the dish I normally cook this rice custard in and the one I use now though the same size is deeper with a small surface area and it now takes about 55 minutes to cook through.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- 2Grease a 6 cup oven proof casserole dish.
- 3Place rice in casserole dish.
- 4Beat eggs and sugar together until thick and creamy, slowly add in milk beating continuously, add raisins (if using), then nutmeg. Pour custard over rice and give a stir.
- 5Sprinkle extra nutmeg on top.
- 6Put into oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes (should have a firm look about it when cooked check not in the intro).
- 7Serve warm with a dollop of thick cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Custard
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 95.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g