Nice quick easy recipe to make and a great way to use left over boiled/steamed rice. NOTE - I recently broke the dish I normally cook this rice custard in and the one I use now though the same size is deeper with a small surface area and it now takes about 55 minutes to cook through.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease a 6 cup oven proof casserole dish.
- Place rice in casserole dish.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until thick and creamy, slowly add in milk beating continuously, add raisins (if using), then nutmeg. Pour custard over rice and give a stir.
- Sprinkle extra nutmeg on top.
- Put into oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes (should have a firm look about it when cooked check not in the intro).
- Serve warm with a dollop of thick cream.