Recipe by Queenkungfu
I just want to say that I posted this recipe without trying it first and then I tried it and did NOT like it at all. Very bland. YES! I AM DOGGING MY OWN RECIPE!
- 3 cups cooled cooked brown rice, cooked with
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped fresh plum tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ounces shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 11-inch pizza pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine rice with egg, half the basil and 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Mound rice in center of prepared pan. Cover rice with plastic wrap. Using your fingers, pat and shape rice into 10 1/2-inch circle about 1/2-inch thick, making a rim around edge. Lift away plastic wrap.
- Pre-bake the rice crust 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomato juices evaporate, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in remaining basil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When pizza crust is cool, sprinkle half the mozzarella over it. Cover cheese with the tomato mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and sprinkle Romano cheese over it.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool the pizza on a rack until comfortably hot to eat. Serve immediately.