Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is posted by request (though it may not be what the requestor was after;-))
- 2 cups cooked rice (preferably an aborio style rice)
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
- black pepper
- 2 eggs
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup yoghurt
- 1⁄4 sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine rice, cheese chives and carrot.
- Mix in with flour and pepper.
- Seperate eggs and beat yolks into rice mixture.
- Beat whites until stiff and fold into rice mixture.
- Heat oil for deep frying and drop teaspoons of mixture into hot oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown and serve warm with dip.
- DIP: Combine all ingredients until smooth, chill.