Prep 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
These are simple to make. They are from an issue of Taste of Home. It goes well with a simple dinner like roasted chicken and a tossed salad.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- cooking oil (for frying)
- In large saucepan, sauté onion and butter until tender. Add rice; sauté 3 minutes more.
- Stir in broth and parsley; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes. Stir in egg, cheese, basil, and pepper.
- Moisten hands with water and shape 1/4 of a cupful into logs. Roll in crumbs.
- In an electric skillet, heat ¼-inch of oil to 365°F Fry the croquettes a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden, turning often. Drain on paper towels.