Recipe by Debster
Hot and crispy, these are especially good served with fish.
Top Review by blagtraz
This was very easy to make and tasted great. I used a leftover rice dish that already had zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, eggplant and loads of flavor, so my rice was a little wetter than what the recipe probably called for. I compensated by adding extra flour (about 1/2 cup extra in total). I also sauteed the croquettes in olive oil. My son ate them with salsa, my daughter ate them with sour cream and my husband and I just ate them!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh breadcrumb