Recipe by Hanka
Best rice crispy treats I ever had. Easy to make and kids love it. My DH isn't crazy about peanut butter and loves coffee so I use coffee granules instead peanut butter and what a great treat for adults!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter or 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 ounces chocolate chips, melted for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat in a large pot.
- Stir in marshmallows and cook until melted.
- Stir in peanut butter or coffee granules if you don't like peanut butter.
- Stir in rice krispies cereal mix until all combine.
- Pour out onto a buttered baking dish 9"x13".
- Smooth out the top by moistening your hands with a little water and using the palms of your hand to press gently.
- Don't press down too hard or your treats will be too dense.
- Set a side to cool.
- Once they cool cut them into even squares and dip into melted chocolate or just drizzle chocolate over the top.