Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Best rice crispy treats I ever had. Easy to make and kids love it. My DH isn't crazy about peanut butter and loves coffee so I use coffee granules instead peanut butter and what a great treat for adults!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter or 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 ounces chocolate chips, melted for garnish
- Melt butter over low heat in a large pot.
- Stir in marshmallows and cook until melted.
- Stir in peanut butter or coffee granules if you don't like peanut butter.
- Stir in rice krispies cereal mix until all combine.
- Pour out onto a buttered baking dish 9"x13".
- Smooth out the top by moistening your hands with a little water and using the palms of your hand to press gently.
- Don't press down too hard or your treats will be too dense.
- Set a side to cool.
- Once they cool cut them into even squares and dip into melted chocolate or just drizzle chocolate over the top.
I made them with the peanut butter. I didn't do the chocolate topping. They were so yummy. Thanks Hanka :) Made for the Australian Recipe swap for December 2011
Putting in the instant coffee is total genious! I love them, and I never would have thought of it. My Mom always made rice crispy treats with pb, they're great that way but I'm kinda sick of it. These were great!
Oh these are sooo good! I forgot the stars in my first review...sorry, cuz this should get 10 stars! I made the peanut butter version and they didn't last a day! I also just pushed the chips into the treats, but next time I will melt the chocolate the way it is recommended. Thank you for this super easy recipe that will be made again and again!