Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great cookie recipe! The Rice Krispies cereal adds a crunch, the oats a chewiness, and the gooey chocolate chips of course makes this so perfect! 8)
- 236.59 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml oil
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 828.06 ml flour
- 236.59 ml Rice Krispies
- 236.59 ml quick oats
- 340.19 g bag chocolate chips
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 350°.
- Gradually combine the margarine, oil, and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg, salt, vanilla extract, cream of tartar and baking soda; mix until smooth.
- Add flour, Rice Krispies, oats and chocolate chips.
- Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls; bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cookies to cool on wire racks.
I made these cookies for the crunch. They are so greasy that I can't get past that to get to the crunch. Too much cream of tartar. Stick with Toll House for a good chocolate chip cookie!
Love these! my grandmother made these with us back in the late 60's and have always been known as Grandma Mac's cookies to those in my family. They bring back wonderful memories. We can never keep them around very long!
Mmmmm! Guess what cookies Santa's getting on Christmas Eve this year! Great recipe. I didn't have Cream of Tartar, but it worked without it. The only tip I can give is to watch the time carefully - with all the choc & sugar, they can burn a little underneath if you aren't watching! :-)