Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a great cookie recipe! The Rice Krispies cereal adds a crunch, the oats a chewiness, and the gooey chocolate chips of course makes this so perfect! 8)
Top Review by maryncook
I made these cookies for the crunch. They are so greasy that I can't get past that to get to the crunch. Too much cream of tartar. Stick with Toll House for a good chocolate chip cookie!
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 350°.
- Gradually combine the margarine, oil, and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg, salt, vanilla extract, cream of tartar and baking soda; mix until smooth.
- Add flour, Rice Krispies, oats and chocolate chips.
- Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls; bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cookies to cool on wire racks.