Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy sweet gluten free breakfast that is pretty quick to put together once you have the syrup on hand (This recipe makes extra syrup for a couple of delicious times). DH asked if he can have this for breakfast often. I made this up when I was racking my brain for a gluten free, egg free breakfast without our typical rice crackers. Please do use the mango syrup & keshta or don't rate.
- 236.59 ml mango nectar (I use BEST brand)
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 2 bananas
- 170 ml cansterilized cream (Keshta, found in Middle Eastern shops)
- 7.39 ml white sugar (to taste)
- 236.59 ml rice flour
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder (or as I use baking soda and organic apple cider vinegar as instructed)
- 1.62 ml sea salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml milk
- 9.85 ml canola oil, plus extra for cooking
- First make the syrup:.
- Combine mango nectar and sugar in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Let boil a few minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let cool & pour into container to store in the refrigerator. (Keep it out if you are making the crepes right away as I don't think you want the syrup cold).
- Make the Filling:.
- Slice the bananas.
- Put the keshta into a small bowl & mix in the white sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Set both aside.
- Make the Crepes:.
- Preheat the oven to 250F (yes that is low, just to keep the ones made warm).
- Mix dry crepe ingredients in a bowl. (If using baking soda use a lesser amount than powder here and add 3/4 tbs organic apple cider vinegar into the batter at the very end right before cooking).
- Beat in the milk until the batter is smooth.
- Add the lightly beaten egg and canola oil and mix until just blended.
- Add a little canola oil to a cast iron pan and cook on medium heat. Turn only once.
- As each one is done place on a plate in the preheated oven until ready to fill. (Don't leave too long in the oven this is meat to just keep them warm for serving a few at the same time).
- Take a new plate and one crepe at a time and place some banana slices along one edge, spoon on some keshta mixture and roll up the crepe.
- Drizzle the mango syrup (not cold) over top.