Yummy sweet gluten free breakfast that is pretty quick to put together once you have the syrup on hand (This recipe makes extra syrup for a couple of delicious times). DH asked if he can have this for breakfast often. I made this up when I was racking my brain for a gluten free, egg free breakfast without our typical rice crackers. Please do use the mango syrup & keshta or don't rate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mango nectar (I use BEST brand)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 bananas
- 1 (170 ml) can sterilized cream (Keshta, found in Middle Eastern shops)
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar (to taste)
- 1First make the syrup:.
- 2Combine mango nectar and sugar in a medium sauce pan.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Let boil a few minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 5Let cool & pour into container to store in the refrigerator. (Keep it out if you are making the crepes right away as I don't think you want the syrup cold).
- 6Make the Filling:.
- 7Slice the bananas.
- 8Put the keshta into a small bowl & mix in the white sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- 9Set both aside.
- 10Make the Crepes:.
- 11Preheat the oven to 250F (yes that is low, just to keep the ones made warm).
- 12Mix dry crepe ingredients in a bowl. (If using baking soda use a lesser amount than powder here and add 3/4 tbs organic apple cider vinegar into the batter at the very end right before cooking).
- 13Beat in the milk until the batter is smooth.
- 14Add the lightly beaten egg and canola oil and mix until just blended.
- 15Add a little canola oil to a cast iron pan and cook on medium heat. Turn only once.
- 16As each one is done place on a plate in the preheated oven until ready to fill. (Don't leave too long in the oven this is meat to just keep them warm for serving a few at the same time).
- 18Take a new plate and one crepe at a time and place some banana slices along one edge, spoon on some keshta mixture and roll up the crepe.
- 19Drizzle the mango syrup (not cold) over top.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Crepes With Keshta, Bananas & Mango Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1638.2
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 206.3 mg
- Sodium 878.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 315.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 230.0 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: