1/1 Photo of Rice Cooler Drink Mexican Style - Horchata
pink cook's Note:
A refreshing beverage with variations of delicious flavors. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rice in a large bowl. Pour warm water over rice. Set aside an soak overnight.
- 2Pour into blender jar; process until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- 3Return to blender, process again. Strain mixture into pitcher through a clean, dampened towel or cheese cloth. Rinse blender, return mixture to blender.
- 4Add sugar and vanilla and process until combined. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over crushed ice.
- 5FOR FLAVOR VARIATIONS:
- 6CONDENSED MILK: substitute a can of sweetened condensed milk for the sugar and blend with the rice. Serve with ground cinnamon on top.
- 7CHOCOLATE - Add 2 ounces grated Mexican chocolate to rice. Continue as directed above.
- 8STRAWBERRY - Prepare as directed above, adding 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries with the sugar and vanilla. Continue as directed.
- 9CINNAMON - Add 2 (4-inch) cinnamon sticks to rice. After soaking remove cinnamon sticks and discard. Continue as directed above.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Cooler Drink Mexican Style - Horchata
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g