1/1 Photo of Rice Cooler Drink Mexican Style - Horchata
pink cook's Note:
A refreshing beverage with variations of delicious flavors. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rice in a large bowl. Pour warm water over rice. Set aside an soak overnight.
- 2Pour into blender jar; process until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- 3Return to blender, process again. Strain mixture into pitcher through a clean, dampened towel or cheese cloth. Rinse blender, return mixture to blender.
- 4Add sugar and vanilla and process until combined. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over crushed ice.
- 5FOR FLAVOR VARIATIONS:
- 6CONDENSED MILK: substitute a can of sweetened condensed milk for the sugar and blend with the rice. Serve with ground cinnamon on top.
- 7CHOCOLATE - Add 2 ounces grated Mexican chocolate to rice. Continue as directed above.
- 8STRAWBERRY - Prepare as directed above, adding 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries with the sugar and vanilla. Continue as directed.
- 9CINNAMON - Add 2 (4-inch) cinnamon sticks to rice. After soaking remove cinnamon sticks and discard. Continue as directed above.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Cooler Drink Mexican Style - Horchata
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g