A refreshing beverage with variations of delicious flavors. Enjoy.
Make and share this Rice Cooler Drink Mexican Style - Horchata recipe from Food.com.
- Place rice in a large bowl. Pour warm water over rice. Set aside an soak overnight.
- Pour into blender jar; process until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Return to blender, process again. Strain mixture into pitcher through a clean, dampened towel or cheese cloth. Rinse blender, return mixture to blender.
- Add sugar and vanilla and process until combined. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over crushed ice.
- FOR FLAVOR VARIATIONS:
- CONDENSED MILK: substitute a can of sweetened condensed milk for the sugar and blend with the rice. Serve with ground cinnamon on top.
- CHOCOLATE - Add 2 ounces grated Mexican chocolate to rice. Continue as directed above.
- STRAWBERRY - Prepare as directed above, adding 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries with the sugar and vanilla. Continue as directed.
- CINNAMON - Add 2 (4-inch) cinnamon sticks to rice. After soaking remove cinnamon sticks and discard. Continue as directed above.
Taste just like the Horchata in my favorite Mexican resturant - but better because I can make it myself and have it whenever I want. When I first read the directions was worried it would be confusing - but once I started it was a piece of cake. Thanks so much for posting.