Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast and easy rice cooker recipe for side or main dish.
Make and share this Rice Cooker Vegetarian Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup tomato juice or 1 cup vegetable juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup cut-up green beans or 1⁄2 cup long beans
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
- In the rice cooker pan put oil and mushrooms.
- Set to COOK and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice mixture.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock powder, tomato juice and water.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced carrots.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- Cover and cook until unit switches to WARM/OFF.
- Stir in red bell pepper, shallots and toasted almonds.
Bought a rice cooker and was looking for main dish recipes. I left out the mushrooms and bell pepper and used tomato sauce. Also added garlic powder and Chili 9000 (a Penzey's spice). This turned out really good. Mine wasn't vegetarian, as I used chicken broth and added cooked chicken after. Will make again!
Very tasty dish and very easy. I substituted the tomato juice (which I didnt have) with tomato pasta sauce and it worked great!