Recipe by Tish
Fast and easy rice cooker recipe for side or main dish.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
Bought a rice cooker and was looking for main dish recipes. I left out the mushrooms and bell pepper and used tomato sauce. Also added garlic powder and Chili 9000 (a Penzey's spice). This turned out really good. Mine wasn't vegetarian, as I used chicken broth and added cooked chicken after. Will make again!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup tomato juice or 1 cup vegetable juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup cut-up green beans or 1⁄2 cup long beans
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
Directions See How It's Made
- In the rice cooker pan put oil and mushrooms.
- Set to COOK and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice mixture.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock powder, tomato juice and water.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced carrots.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- Cover and cook until unit switches to WARM/OFF.
- Stir in red bell pepper, shallots and toasted almonds.