Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got the new rice cooker/steamer and had to try out this recip that came with it. I love sweet potato pudding. This makes it so simple
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider
- Purée sweet potatoes in a food processor or blender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except water, and process until smooth.
- Spray 4 custard cups (about 6 ounces capacity each) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill about 3/4 full with sweet potato mixture.
- Cover each cup with foil, crimping closed.
- Place steamer plate in rice cooker and pour in water.
- Arrange baking cups on steamer plate.
- Bring water and cider to a boil, cover rice cooker and cook about 20 minutes.
- Remove cups from cooker using tongs and allow to stand, covered, 5 minutes more.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.