Recipe by CanadianEmily
We love stir fried rice, and this is pretty close to the pan-fried version, but with less time investment, less work and less dishes! I just made it up - if you end up modifying it, I'd love to hear your comments!
- 3⁄4 cup long grain white rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to the rice cooker bowl, stir and turn to cook. Watch the liquid level near the end of the cooking time, as you may want to add a little more water. When the rice cooker switches to 'warm', fluff with a paddle. It can sit on 'warm' if you are not ready to serve.
- I add all the ingredients at once and let the rice cooker do its thing. If you want the vegetables to have more crunch, add them about 10 minutes after you turn the rice cooker on.
- You could easily modify this recipe by adding steamed vegetables, or diced cooked chicken for the carnivores.
- The number of servings depend on how many other dishes you have; for us it makes 3 servings as a side with one other dish, but if you have two other dishes I would say you could get 4 servings out of this.