Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Seafood at its best. This dish is very quick and easy to make. Perfect for the working woman or man.
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1 (6 ounce) jar oysters (I use just crab meat) or 1 lb crabmeat (I use just crab meat)
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw rice (rice cooker cups)
- 1⁄2-1 cup melted butter or 1⁄2-1 cup melted margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion tops, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- seasoning (of your choice, I use TexJoy Steak Seasoning)
- Mix everything in rice cooker (uncooked).
- Season to taste (remember, the broth is salty).
- Turn rice cooker on.
- Takes approximately 30 minutes.
I just can't believe this has not been reviewed!! It was absolutely terrific. Easy to do, fast and a fabulous taste. I used shrimp, phoney crab!! and a can of mussels. I also used 1 3/4 cups shrimp stock with 1 1/2 cups long grain rice. Made plenty and it was good. I'm sure it can be made on a stove top or a crockpot but it sure did work well in the rice cooker. Well worth trying. Thanks you Mona
Good but I felt it needed more seasoning so I added a diced tomato and some ketchup (I didn't have onion tops). I also subbed 1/2 lb turkey kielbasa for the oysters and crabmeat. Tasty! I threw in a splash of Worcestershire and some old bay seasoning. Would definitely make again, thanks!