Recipe by Tish
Why not use the appliance that sits in the cabinet for more things than the expected. When you have guests this is a great way to make eggs and keep them warm for when people get up in waves. Good for a buffet breakfast too! Might also be a great way for the dorm kids to make their own breakfast?
Top Review by ladypit
Very interesting use of the rice cooker. I put about 2 tsp. of olive oil in the rice cooker plus some green onion. When they were hot I added 3 eggs, stirred, and closed the lid expecting to come back in a few minutes to stir. About 5 minutes later the eggs were a perfect omelet! It was tasty but not exactly what I expected!
- 1 -2 egg, per person
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil, to taste
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits, per person (optional)
- 1 tablespoon corn (optional)
- 2 -4 tablespoons ham, cut into chunks (cooked) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oil or butter in the rice cooker pan and turn the rice cooker on to cook.
- Add optional items if you want.
- Cook the optional items until they are hot.
- Break eggs into the pan. Close the lid but continue checking the eggs every few minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon or non stick spatula until the eggs are done. It takes 15 minutes for 1 egg to get done. May take longer if you add more eggs.
- *Note:You can put the top on the rice cooker, and keep the eggs warm for hours if your family members like to sleep in.