Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Why not use the appliance that sits in the cabinet for more things than the expected. When you have guests this is a great way to make eggs and keep them warm for when people get up in waves. Good for a buffet breakfast too! Might also be a great way for the dorm kids to make their own breakfast?
- Put the oil or butter in the rice cooker pan and turn the rice cooker on to cook.
- Add optional items if you want.
- Cook the optional items until they are hot.
- Break eggs into the pan. Close the lid but continue checking the eggs every few minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon or non stick spatula until the eggs are done. It takes 15 minutes for 1 egg to get done. May take longer if you add more eggs.
- *Note:You can put the top on the rice cooker, and keep the eggs warm for hours if your family members like to sleep in.
Very interesting use of the rice cooker. I put about 2 tsp. of olive oil in the rice cooker plus some green onion. When they were hot I added 3 eggs, stirred, and closed the lid expecting to come back in a few minutes to stir. About 5 minutes later the eggs were a perfect omelet! It was tasty but not exactly what I expected!
I made this this morning! I also used 3 eggs. I sliced a few mushrooms and green onions, put them on cook first with a little butter. After they cooked a bit, I added the eggs, with a little water, and some precooked bacon bits. Hit cook. After 4 minutes the button popped. I stirred the eggs, and hit cook again and pushed the toast down. By the time the toast was done, so were the eggs. Nice quick breakfast! My hungry stomach thanks you. Will make this again for sure.
really yummy and easy to clean up!