My husband loves this rice pilaf. Everytime I make rice he requests it. Hopefull you'll like it too! It takes a little extra preparation than a rice mix, but I think it's well worth it. You can also use wild rice, instead of white rice, but you'll need to add more liquid and it will take longer to cook.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, sautee the onion and garlic until onion is translucent. The garlic will cause the onion to scorch a bit, don't worry, it gives it flavor.
- Add the rice, sauted onion and garlic, almonds, mushrooms, and chicken broth to a 4 cup capacity or larger rice cooker.
- Stir briefly to distribute ingredients.
- Set to cook. When done, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir and enjoy!
- Depending on your rice cooker, the bottom may get brown. I like it, it gives it some extra zip!