1/1 Photo of Rice Cooker Rice Pilaf
My husband loves this rice pilaf. Everytime I make rice he requests it. Hopefull you'll like it too! It takes a little extra preparation than a rice mix, but I think it's well worth it. You can also use wild rice, instead of white rice, but you'll need to add more liquid and it will take longer to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small frying pan over medium heat, sautee the onion and garlic until onion is translucent. The garlic will cause the onion to scorch a bit, don't worry, it gives it flavor.
- 2Add the rice, sauted onion and garlic, almonds, mushrooms, and chicken broth to a 4 cup capacity or larger rice cooker.
- 3Stir briefly to distribute ingredients.
- 4Set to cook. When done, let sit for 10 minutes.
- 5Stir and enjoy!
- 6Depending on your rice cooker, the bottom may get brown. I like it, it gives it some extra zip!
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Cooker Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 267.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g