Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very simple, easy, tasty weeknight meal in one pot.
Make and share this Rice Cooker Red Beans and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 lb ham, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- In a rice cooker, combine rice, water, spices, bell pepper and onion. Start cooker.
- After 10 minutes, stir in ham. (If you have a bit of ham bone, throw that in too). Allow cooker to finish its cycle.
- Stir in kidney beans and close lid. Leave on warm 5-10 minutes until beans are heated through before serving.
This is exactly what I was looking for! I chose to omit the ham, but I added a couple sticks of celery and two tablespoons of bacon grease. Turned out great, thanks for posting it!