Nana Lee's Note:
Found this on the forum on rice cookers at HSN.com. You can use the steaming basket at the same time as cooking the potatoes and make hardboiled eggs!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs little potatoes (the red or white ones)
- 1 1/2 cups water, for rice cooker
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (or to personal taste)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon vinegar (Balsamic would be nice)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 -2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (the bright yellow kind)
- 1 -2 tablespoon pickle relish (do NOT drain before measuring)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 -4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- paprika (to garnish)
- 1***** PUT EGGS IN STEAMER BASKET AND IT WILL COOK WITH THE POTATOES *****.
- 2Cut the potatoes in bite size pieces and put in rice cooker with the water.
- 3Turn rice cooker on to cook and cook for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are fork done.
- 4It's better if they are slightly underdone than overdone.
- 5Take the rice cooker pan to the sink and run cold water in the pan to cool the potatoes and the eggs.
- 6Drain them well.
- 7Put the potatoes in a bowl or container and add the rest of the ingredients.
- 8Stir well and refrigerate.
- 9Better if made a day ahead.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Cooker Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.1
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 1029.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: