Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious Italian-style polenta in minutes
Make and share this Rice Cooker Polenta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cornmeal (polenta)
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- Place all ingredients in rice cooker.
- Start cooking cycle.
- After cycle is complete, wait an additional 10 minutes to allow the polenta to absorb all the liquid.
- Stir well before serving.
- If you like firmer polenta, let it stand for 5 minutes prior to serving.
I have been looking for recipes to make good use of my new rice cooker, and this one sounded really intriguing. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to the intrigue for our family. The texture was right, but the flavors were off, and it desperately needed salt added. My dinner guests complained of it being bland. This does seem to be a sound method for cooking polenta, but I will need to experiment to find one that tastes right for my family. Thank you for posting.
I will do it frying the onions in the olive plus teh herbhs. When it is cooked I will add the parmesan. And of course salt.
Worked well for me!