Recipe by strawberrybird
A spicy, easy to prepare side dish to accompany any mexican dish. White rice is standard, but you can use any type of rice you like for this yummy recipe. You can even adapt this recipe for couscous by omitting the cooking in the rice cooker. UPDATED to account for error in rice and water proportion. Note that the type of rice you use and the type of rice cooker may require further adjustment.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice (rice cooker cups)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tomato-flavored bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried onion or 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together rice, cumin, garlic powder, diced onion or dried onion, cayenne pepper, and chili powder.
- Place in rice cooker.
- Boil water; add bullion cubes and stir until dissolved.
- Pour water over rice; stir briefly to combine.
- Set rice cooker to cook.
- When done, let sit approximately 10 minutes.