Recipe by SuperSpike
Easy to make rice like you get at the mexican restaurant. Cooks up in your rice cooker without any fuss, mess or stirring! Haven't tried it- but could be made on the stovetop in a covered pot.
Top Review by prf2000
This is the greatest Mexican Rice! Takes just like the stuff you get at Mexican restaurants. Like others, I added chili powder and cumin. I also doubled the garlic, chilies, and spices. A hit with DH! My quest for the ultimate Mexican rice recipe is over. Thanks so much!
- 1 cup rice (I used long grain rice)
- 2 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- cilantro or parsley, for color