Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just got a Wolfgang Puck rice cooker from HSN and it came with a recipe book. I was surprised by the things that can be made besides rice. This is easier than opening a box of Kraft mac and cheese and sooooooooo much better too.
- 354.88 ml elbow macaroni
- 354.88 ml chicken broth or 354.88 ml water and a good-quality chicken bouillon cubes
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 177.44 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 1.23 ml kosher salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Combine macaroni, broth and cream in Rice Cooker, press cook and stir occasionally.
- When machine switches to keep warm, add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly until all cheese is melted.
- Press Cook again. The Rice Cooker will switch to keep warm after just a few minutes; this is the point where the cheese on the bottom turns that delicious brown. Serve.
This was very good and easy to boot! The only problem that I had was that I had to add extra liquid while the macaroni was cooking....I suspect that my inexpensive rice cooker runs hot, though, so others may not have that problem. I also used 2% evaporated milk instead of the heavy cream, just because we try to make an effort to watch our fat intake and the cheese made it rich enough! A good, convenient recipe that was fun to try! Thanks, PA Cindy!
I didn't have everything thing recipe called for and what I had I didn't have enough of. I used equal parts water, cheese, and pasta, then a half part of milk, and salt, pepper, and tabasco sauce for flavor. It was awesome and I only had one thing to clean when it was over. Plus I love making a personal size so there are no leftovers.
Made this for the PARTY event. I used 2 tsp Chicken Base mixed with 1 1/2 cup of hot water instead of the broth, and because of this did NOT add any salt. Since I have been on a hunt for a really good Mac and Cheese my DGS would flip over, I have determined this is the easiest and BEST Mac and Cheese I have made. Thank You for posting this recipe.