I just got a Wolfgang Puck rice cooker from HSN and it came with a recipe book. I was surprised by the things that can be made besides rice. This is easier than opening a box of Kraft mac and cheese and sooooooooo much better too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups water and a good-quality chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine macaroni, broth and cream in Rice Cooker, press cook and stir occasionally.
- When machine switches to keep warm, add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly until all cheese is melted.
- Press Cook again. The Rice Cooker will switch to keep warm after just a few minutes; this is the point where the cheese on the bottom turns that delicious brown. Serve.