Recipe by dinkn2buk
Everyone knows that Rice Cookers are convenient and save time, but did you know you can cook almost anything in them? Even Fried Rice. Try this simple, fast delicious recipe that will have you craving for more. I often make this dish for bbq's and it is ALWAYS a BIG HIT.
Top Review by CraftScout
This was tasty, but I trusted the recipe, and I probably shouldn't have. The cups of rice listed should probably be the measuring cup that came with my rice cooker, not an actual measuring cup; while the cups for the beef stock probably is an actual measuring cup. I used short grain rice, hoping it would cook appropriately, but it was still crunchy after the first pass. While I loved the convenience (and smell) of cooking the bacon and onions and garlic in my rice cooker, it didn't really work very well. I would probably go ahead and saute in a frying pan first and then put it in my rice cooker. The flavor was kind of bland, also. All of that aside, I think this is a great idea and I will probably play around until we find something that works for our family. Thank you for posting! :)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon oil (flavoured infused oil works very well)
- 250 g bacon (cut into strips)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (corn kernels and peas will do)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn Rice Cooker onto cook.
- Add oil, bacon, onion and garlic to Rice Cooker.
- Stir frequently until onion is soft.
- Add rice to Rice Cooker and coat in oil.
- Add frozen vegetable and beef stock and mix well.
- Place lid on Rice Cooker and let it do its thing.
- When finished mix in Soy Sauce and stir.