1/2 Photos of Rice Cooker Chocolate Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This dark, rich, chocolate cake is perfect with coffee on a lazy afternoon or as a special treat for a birthday cake. It has no eggs or milk so is ok for Vegans. Top it with your favourite frosting, or just sprinkle powdered sugar on it to 'finish' it for the table.I love the recipe as I alway seem to be out of milk and eggs, so this recipe suits my house! I do not have an oven so need something that works in rice cooker. Rice Cookers vary but this recipe seems to work just fine in most. Set the cooker for slow cook if you have that function.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (or just white sugar)
- 4 tablespoons dark cocoa (powdered chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder (leave out for heavier cake)
- 90 ml sunflower oil (any oil may be used)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1Add together the dry ingredients: 1.5 cups white flour, 1/2 cup raw sugar, 4 tablespoons dark cocoa (powdered chocolate), 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon double acting baking powder (leave out for heavier cake).
- 2Mix dry ingredients well.
- 3Add wet ingredients to the mixture: 90 ml of sunflower oil (any oil may be used),1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 cup of water.
- 4Mix well till smooth, about 1 minute, do not over work batter.
- 5Pour batter into the greased rice cooker bowl.
- 6Set rice cooker to 'slow' if possible for 60 minutes and start cooker (if your cooker does not have a slow setting don't worry).
- 7Some rice cookers will go to warm cycle after 5 minutes, allow cooker to be in that mode for a few minutes (like preheating) then restart timer for remainder time to equal 60 minutes total cook time.
- 8Check cake at 45 minutes.
- 9Cake is finished when a toothpick comes out clean from edges and center of cake.
- 10Take rice cooker bowl out of machine when cake is finished cooking, and allow the cake to cool in the bowl for 15 minutes before removing.
- 11To remove the cake put flat plate on the top the rice cooker bowl and invert bowl in a smooth motion.
- 12Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with your favourite frosting.
- 13Try not to eat the whole cake in 1 seating!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Cooker Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g