Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This mildly spicy cheesy rice is easy to make in the rice cooker.
Make and share this Rice Cooker Chile Cheese Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups white rice (use rice cooker cups)
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups water or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine until onion in translucent.
- Place rice, sauteed onion and garlic, chilies, and chicken broth in rice cooker.
- Stir just to combine.
- Set cooker to cook.
- When done, mix in shredded cheese and let sit 5-10 minutes.
added a pinch of smoked paprika and cumin. Very yummy and easy.
This didn't wow me as much as I thought it would. It was okay as a side, but nothing spectacular. I'll try it again with Hot green chile and some extra spices. I used water this time, and I'll try to use a broth next time for some extra flavor.
This was good! I used a microwave rice cooker 7 minutes at 70% power, rest about 3 minutes, then again 7 minutes at 70% power in a 1200 Watt microwave. After resting the 3 minutes I gently stirred to mix all the ingredients. The liquid was fine in this recipe using Calrose rice. I have used twice, monterey jack cheese and also Velveeta cheese. The Velveeta blends better for flavor and also mixes well. I also used Sysco chicken base with water for my chicken broth and that is wonderful to use with rice dishes.