- 2 cups white rice (use rice cooker cups)
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups water or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine until onion in translucent.
- Place rice, sauteed onion and garlic, chilies, and chicken broth in rice cooker.
- Stir just to combine.
- Set cooker to cook.
- When done, mix in shredded cheese and let sit 5-10 minutes.